HAPPY 16th BIRTHDAY TAYLOR!!
Watch out Ladies! This one's a keeper!
It's a good look for him huh!

And on another note...
I've been pretty blessed lately. In different ways. I won't go into details because they'd probably get boring pretty fast... but I will say that because of them I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers. It's true. And not just in vague ways that can be explained away with the lovely word, "coincidence". But in specific real ways. I need to be better at paying attention, at learning the gospel, and strengthening my testimony and practicing what I preach to my little primary kids.
I have a friend Becca - she's was baptised less than a year ago. She hasn't grown up with the church in her life - and so everything I've learned in the past 23 years of my life that I've mostly taken for granted - she's learning. And it really makes me think. To watch her learn, to see the thirst she has for knowledge and the way she goes about obtaining it. She doesn't just talk about wanting to be better at studying her scriptures, she does it. She doesn't just talk about wanting to know more about the gospel - she studies and asks questions and prays about it. She doesn't just talk about following her leaders, but listens to their advice and immediately puts it into practice. I've been thinking lately that this awesome girl is another answer to my prayers. She is such a good example to me. It's been a bit of a wake up call to hang out and talk with her. I take the gospel for granted. I float through my days just soaking up whatever floats my me. I don't think about it all of the time. It's been a part of me for so long that I don't. And I think Heavenly Father sent Becca to me to wake me up. Seeing the gospel through her eyes has made me want to be so much better. And taking a page out of Becca's book. I'm actually going to do it.
1 comment:
Ohhh, dear.
Ashlee, I must confess.
I never used to be the action sort of person.
In fact a lot of the time I just wouldn't bother with anything.
I don't know what it is about the gospel that changed something in me, but believe me, I certainly haven't been this way for very long...
But thank you for pointing it out to me. =]
It's nice to know that the effort I put in can be seen.... I don't know whether or not it really matters if it is seen...
But it's nice to know that every one in a while it's pointed out by someone. =]
Thank you. <3
Post a Comment