Friday, April 23, 2010

5K update

Because accountability is important when working towards a goal – I thought I’d give blogger a 5K update.

I owe all my progress to one Mary Hunting. I was loosing steam… (hence my silence on the subject in the blog-o-sphere). I’d go to the gym a few times a week trudge through my 2 mile jog/walk and head home.

…and then I get a phone call from this lovely lady saying – “Ash, I hear your training for 5K. Can I train with you?” And “WA-BAM!” my motivation was back.

Since Mary started going with me:
1. I go to the gym on a much more regular basis. (Much easier to drag myself out of bed in the morning when I know someone else is expecting me there”
2. Watching her jog 4 miles after only her first week – I told myself I’d better step it up…. And am now able to run for two without stopping. (Please don’t laugh because Yes, this is a “wicked” big deal.)
3. I completed 2 5K’s on the treadmill.
4. Got the guts to take advantage of my free training session… with Mary sitting by my side.

My next goal – run the full 3.1miles… without stopping.

Unfortunately the 5K I was going to run is on a Saturday that I have to work at the temple so – Shelbs and I have decided to create our own. Shirts, donating to a cause, collapsing at the end and all. :) I’m getting so pumped for it I might even do another.

Thank you Miss Mary!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Go Ashley! Someday you'll look back and think, "remember when I couldn't run." Your amazing.

Just US said...

I love hearing your progress. You have inspired me to start running again!

Happy Huntings said...

Okay, I am blushing! You are way too flattering--you are the one that motivated me! Plus, this last week I was gone and this morning I was unconscious to the world thanks to my driving day and night yesterday to get home from Chicago! I am sorry to stand you up and I WILL be there on Wednesday morning!