I flew out to SLC and drove up to the Englis Family reunion with my wonderful cousins Nicole, Daniel, Michelle and Drew. I hadn't seen Nikki since she'd left on her mission so I was wicked pumped to see her beautiful face!!
Here's Danny Boy in the car on the way up... doesn't he look so sweet?!
And Nikki and I looking equally as fabulous... ;)
On the fourth we walked over to some one's house who provides breakfast for who ever wants it.... it was amazing. Pancakes (mickey mouse if you wanted them) scrambled eggs, ham, and loads of strawberries! All of the tables were decorated and it was the perfect thing to put you in the "fourth-of-july" mood. Here's my table enjoying the delicious treat!!
Then we walked down their driveway over to the neighbor's house and watched the parade.
Nikki and Amy and I watching the parade...
Cousins... good looking group huh!!
Then we drove down to Provo where I got to spend a few days w/ Nicole revisiting my old "stomping grounds.
We used to wake up wicked early on Saturday trying to beat the early morning rush and go do baptisms. Sweet Nicole walked over to the temple w/ me and watched while I got to do baptisms again. In keeping w/ tradition we looked "glamorous" as we walked out... (hope you could sense the sarcasm there). But it was so fun to go again!!
Then we decided to hike the Y. I know it's sad.. but had never done it while I was at BYU. Nicole was wicked patient as her very out of shape cousin who was used to sea-level altitude slowly inched her way up the mountain.
This is us with only two switchbacks left... I'm trying not to look exhausted and sweaty... too bad I didn't succeed.
Eventually we made it too the top! One of us is far more exhausted than the other.. I'm not going to say who. ;)

The middle pic is of the car we rented for the day... not too shabby.
Later that day we got to go to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house. I don't really have words for that experience. Except to say I am so so grateful I got to go.
I didn't take this pic... but I liked it... :)

The rest of my time in Provo was very fun and included an amazing stir fry dinner made by Daniel, having a lasagna picnic, watching West Side Story, drinking Jamba Juice and walking around campus.
The next few days I got to spend visiting Jenny, my old sweet and darling rooommate Jenny. Her and her husband Peter have a beautiful home and he was very patient w/ us as we built a fort in his living room, turned his kitchen around making Stromboli and fruit pizza, and watching very girly movies. It was so fun to see Jenny again!
I realize this pic is wicked blurry... but it's the only one I took of the three of us. :)
And finally I finished out the week w/ the Call Family (My mom's sis and fam.) I wish I would've had more time w/ them. It was so fun to see them all again. Maybe I should feel guilty for saying this... but I really didn't want to go home. But I guess we can't play and put off the "real" world all of the time. :)
2 comments:
Thanks for blogging this! It looks like you had a wicked good time. If you ever come to the Rex, we could hike R Mountain; we would be pretty much at the same pace. =]
Oh my sweet friend. thank you for fulfilling your duty in blogging. I am so glad you had such a great time and you got to see some of my favorite-ist people!! I am so glad you got to go!
Post a Comment