I've been wanted to take a cake decorating class for years... ever since I lived in Chicago and sat in my Aunt Susan's kitchen watching her decorate beautiful cakes like it was no big thing... Well, I signed up for one spent this past month learning how to do all kinds of fun things. And while I am a little bit sick of making batch after batch after batch (just ask my fam) of frosting - I loved it.
The first week we just played around with frosting and cookies and learned how to ice a cake.... I don't have a picture of them because they weren't really much to look at.
But here are they rest.....
These next poor little guys were supposed to be mums... but my frosting was too soft so we'll call them sea urchins and pretend that's exactly how they were supposed to look... :)
In between my week 3 and my last class my boss asked me to make two cakes for co-workers birthdays. I naively thought would be a piece of cake... (yes...pun intended) but being the beginner I am it turned into a wicked big project.
And because it took so long... I'm going to throw in a few more pics..

Picture of my final project (which looks about the same as above so don't expect too much) will be coming soon.
4 comments:
They look great!!! Now when do we get to eat them?
They are so darn stinkin' cute!!! Great job!!
Dang it, I knew I needed you to come visit this weekend! I love the cakes, and I'll have to shift for myself without the creativity for Blake's b-day. they look fantastic chica!
send me a birthday cake next month. custard filling please!
Post a Comment