Wednesday, September 15, 2010

a little miracle

For the first time in months, I am sitting in my cube with nothing to do. After working 60+ hour weeks for what feels like forever this is nothing short of a miracle. And the break has come just in time.

Yesterday around 3, I was sitting in front of my computer thinking... "If I have to spend another 7-8 hours here tonight I am going to lose it. I've been going with the flow, being a team player, sucking it up, and having a fairly good attitude about it since May, but my patience is gone. Very soon people are going to see a side of Ashlee that I wish didn't exist.... I just might blow." I even said a prayer telling Heavenly Father just that.

Never doubt that Heavenly Father answers prayers. We teach that in Primary all the time. We teach how He answers prayers in different ways. Sometimes we get what we pray for right away and other times we have to wait. Well, this was not one of those "waiting" times. About an hour after my desperate prayer my boss decided to send us home at 5, work or no work.

I couldn't wipe the grin off my face for the rest of the day. I came in to work this morning feeling refreshed and ready to go - even work late again if I had to but.... it's 2 and there is no work to do. There was loads of work to do yesterday morning and it is all miraculously done.

I have another project starting tomorrow - that I may need to stay late for (shocker) but I got the break I needed and I am so grateful!

3 comments:

Just US said...

and you have returned into blog land for a moment of your much needed breather! I have missed hearing from you my dear friend! Welcome back - at least for the moment.

Bex =] said...

YAYYYYY!
ASHIKAKAAAA!
=]

Ashlee? Blow up?!?! Neveerrr.
Jesus love youuu. =]


p.s.
my work verification is 'spenomi'

Megan Lewis said...

If you ever need a break I can recommend a great place in CT to relax and get some human time in. I'm so glad your boss sent you home!!!